Thursday, June 10, 2010

Training Walk #1





I decided that I would do a 4 mile walk yesterday.  We have horse and my son is learning to ride so off we went to the barn at about 7 pm.  We got there at about 7:20 and I did some streaching and set off on my walk.  It is "around" the block each streach is about 1 miles.  I have decided that I am going to take pictures of things I see along my walks and post how I feel about the training. 

Here is what I saw as I was walking down the drive way out to the road.


He moved closer to me as I was taking the picutre but was very interested in what I was doing walking by and not paying any attention to him.

Mile 1:

I felt good.  Found a great rythum and set out.  I did figure out quite quickly that I need to get a fanny pack for training as well because it is super hard to carry the camera and a water bottle.  I am going to head to WalMart today at lunch to see what I can find.  About a half mile in, there were some shots I just had to take.


For some reason I cannot get the second picture to upload right but I am going to leave it any way.

Mile 2-

I found that my knee started to hurt during this mile.  I think I might need to try using my brace for my next few walks and build up some strength.  The only picture I got in mile two was:



I just thought they were pretty.

Mile 3 -

Just was I was starting mile 3, My husband and boys caught up with me.  My little one slammed his hand the the porta potty door and off to ER we went.  I plan to try to get 4 miles in again today and lets hope there are no ER visits in my future.

Lisa

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Michigan 3-Day for the Cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment